Director Analysis & Insights - McLean, VA
About Telogical Systems
Telogical Systems is the leading provider of competitive product and pricing information to the U.S. Telecom Industry. On a daily basis, we monitor and update tens of thousands of data records. Currently we deliver this information to our clients in the following ways:
- A daily email alert that identifies every competitive move in the past 24 hours;
- Monthly excel reports that contain the product catalogs of each provider, by product and by markets;
- An online portal that provides quick access to alerts, reports and the ability to export specific data records;
- A frontline competitive response application that enables frontline sales and retention agents to access competitive information and talking points to improve sales and retention rates.
About this Position
As Director of Analytics & Insights, you’ll play a key role in taking Telogical to the next level. In this role, you’ll transform Telogical’s research into actionable reports, insights, dashboards and applications. You’ll accomplish the following:
- Create a suite of Executive Summary and Insights Reports based on the unique competitive data Telogical collects, combined with other publicly available data;
- Create interactive dashboards that make data and insights accessible and valuable at the “point of need”;
- Specify new data sets Telogical can acquire through our research capabilities and define the data model / structure for these new data sets;
- Engage clients to learn which insights would be most useful to them.
In order to be successful in this position, you’ll need to possess the following skills and natural talent:
- A deep understanding of data analytics both from a theoretical and practical perspective;
- A minimum of 5 years solving real business problems using analytics in an industry that is a leader in this business practice;
- A passion for data and a natural curiosity about the insights that can be derived from well-structured information;
- A drive to solve problems through creativity and ingenuity;
- A solid understanding of databases and data modeling best practices;
- The ability to tell a story using data tables and data visualization;
- Excellent communications skills both written and spoken.
To learn more, please email a cover letter and a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.